We recognise that protection of your personal data is important and we will treat it with respect. This section sets out your rights in respect of your personal information and our responsibilities in handling such information.
By making a booking through our website, you agree to us using your personal information within the limits of law.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your booking of the camper van;
- To carry out relevant identity, security, and driving licence checks.
- To maintain and improve the administration and management of our services.
- To send you information about any special offers or competitions that we may run. You may opt out of any future communications by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “no further emails”.
We share your information for the following purposes:
- Worldpay, our merchant services provider (the portal which allows you to pay for the hire on our web site), but only to the extent to allow the booking to be processed. We do not have access to your card details which are held securely by Worldpay.
- Enforcement authorities, such as the police, local authorities or other bodies responsible for toll collection if we consider that they have a right to the information and the law allows us to do so.
- We also need to check the validity of your driving licence with the DVLA. Therefore, we will share your information on the driving licence online checking service provided by DVLA.
- Our insurance company, when requested by them, only for the purpose of processing your booking and ensuring that you are insured to drive.
- Any third party that we may instruct for the purpose of claims or debt collection.
You have a legal right to access any of the information that we hold about you and you have a right to ask for an explanation of the processing of your information. You may also ask for your personal data to be corrected, modified, blocked or removed within the limits of the law. In order to access your information, please email us (email@example.com) with your request.
We will only keep your booking data for one year after your hire, after which any paper copies of the booking forms and the relevant ID check documents will be shredded and the data removed from our email systems. We will retain your contact details for up to 6 years for marketing purposes, provided that you have given us your consent.
The data controller of Wirral Campervan Hire is Ann Currie of 9 Beachcroft Road, Meols, CH47 6BD.
We plan to fit the vehicle with a tracker device. The data in relation to the tracking device will only be used in the event that the vehicle is not returned to us or goes missing during a hire.